- 1 How many fighter planes were used in WW2?
- 2 Who owns the Military Aviation Museum in Virginia Beach?
- 3 How many planes did Britain have in WW2?
- 4 What fighter planes were used in WW2?
- 5 Which plane shot down the most planes in WW2?
- 6 Who has the best fighter plane in WW2?
- 7 Who is Jerry Yagen?
- 8 Which British plane shot down the most planes in ww2?
- 9 Why did Japan attack us?
- 10 Is Luftwaffe better than RAF?
- 11 Why did World War II become such an aircraft dependent war?
- 12 What was the biggest plane in World War 2?
- 13 What was the fastest American fighter in WW2?
How many fighter planes were used in WW2?
World War II witnessed tremendous growth in the size of American military aviation, from about 2,500 airplanes to nearly 300,000 by the war’s end.
Who owns the Military Aviation Museum in Virginia Beach?
Jerry Yagen’s Famous Mosquito Restoration: SOLD! (Image Credit: Luigino Caliaro/Aerophoto) While there is much unclear at this time, but we have from reliable sources that the Military Aviation Museum Collection of Virginia Beach, Virgina is being sold off by museum owner Jerry Yagen.
How many planes did Britain have in WW2?
World War II aircraft production
What fighter planes were used in WW2?
American Fighter Planes of WW2
- Curtiss P-40 Warhawk.
- Curtiss P-36 Hawk.
- Lockheed P-38 Lightning.
- North American P-51 Mustang.
- Vought F4U Corsair.
- Grumman F6F Hellcat.
- Northrop P-61 Black Widow.
- Brewster F2A Buffalo.
Which plane shot down the most planes in WW2?
Which US WWII fighter shot down the most enemy aircraft?. Answer has 9 votes. In Wikipedia’s article on the Bf 109, under the operational history title, it reads: “More aerial kills were made with the Bf 109 than any other aircraft of World War II “.
Who has the best fighter plane in WW2?
These Were The 10 Best Planes Of WW2
- 1 De Havilland Mosquito – Ultimate Multi-Role Aircraft.
- 2 North American P51 Mustang – Best Allied Fighter.
- 3 Avro Lancaster – Best Heavy Bomber.
- 4 Supermarine Spitfire – Best British Fighter.
- 5 Boeing B29 Superfortress – Best Long-Range Bomber.
- 6 Focke-Wulf FW-190 – Best Fighter.
Who is Jerry Yagen?
Jerry Yagen never dreamt of becoming one of America’s foremost aviation collectors. But in less than 25 years, the founder of Centura College and the Aviation Institute of Maintenance has assembled one of the premier collections of World War I and World War II aircraft in the nation.
Which British plane shot down the most planes in ww2?
Spitfires shot down a total of 529 enemy aircraft, for a loss of 230 of their own. The Hurricane was the most numerous of RAF Fighter Command’s aircraft during the Battle of Britain, equipping 33 squadrons by September 1940.
Why did Japan attack us?
The Japanese intended the attack as a preventive action to keep the United States Pacific Fleet from interfering with its planned military actions in Southeast Asia against overseas territories of the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, and the United States.
Is Luftwaffe better than RAF?
The RAF proved to be a better combat force than the Luftwaffe in almost every respect. The decisive factors were British capability and determination, but German mistakes, before and during the battle, contributed significantly to the outcome.
Why did World War II become such an aircraft dependent war?
Explanation: Why did World War II become such an aircraft – dependent war? Due to the need of destroying enemy infrastructure without needing the direct presence of infantry, minimizing human losses.
What was the biggest plane in World War 2?
The Messerschmitt Me 323 Gigant (“Giant”) was a German military transport aircraft of World War II. It was a powered variant of the Me 321 military glider and was the largest land-based transport aircraft to fly during the war.
What was the fastest American fighter in WW2?
The fastest aircraft to see any combat in WWII was the Messerschmitt Me 163, which set an airspeed record of 702 mph in 1944 (although this record was not recognized by the Fédération Aéronautique Internationale due to its secrecy during the war ).