- 1 How much do aviation maintenance people make?
- 2 Do aviation mechanics make good money?
- 3 Is aviation mechanic a good career?
- 4 Where do Aircraft Mechanics make the most money?
- 5 Do Aircraft Mechanics fly for free?
- 6 What is the starting salary for an aviation mechanic?
- 7 Can a mechanic make 100k?
- 8 Are Aircraft Mechanics happy?
- 9 Are aircraft mechanics in demand?
- 10 What aviation job pays the most?
- 11 Is it hard to be a aviation mechanic?
- 12 How long does it take to become an aviation mechanic?
- 13 Who is the highest paid mechanic?
- 14 Can a mechanic make six figures?
- 15 What type of mechanic makes the most money?
How much do aviation maintenance people make?
Most importantly, the annual salary for aircraft mechanics ranges from $35,000 to $110,000. Also, hourly rates range from $20 to $50 per hour. As a result, the average annual median salary for aircraft mechanics is $73,050.
Do aviation mechanics make good money?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the median annual wage for aircraft and avionics equipment mechanics and technicians was close to $67,000 in 2020. Even the lowest 10% in the field were paid nearly $40,000, and the highest paid topped six figures.
Is aviation mechanic a good career?
Because A&P Mechanics are in such high demand and have such an important role in the aviation industry, they actually make really good money. Once you’re well established in your industry and get the job of your dreams, you’ll be making really good money and will have a lot of benefits.
Where do Aircraft Mechanics make the most money?
Detailed List Of Aircraft Mechanic Salaries By State
Do Aircraft Mechanics fly for free?
Many aviation employers offer what is known as flight benefits—meaning discounted or sometimes free flights to various locations all over the United States and even the world! Note that flight benefits are entirely dependent on the employer and are not guaranteed.
What is the starting salary for an aviation mechanic?
Southern Alberta Institute of Technology
|Wages *||Low (5th percentile)||Average|
Can a mechanic make 100k?
Sales jobs can bring in six figures depending on commission (the industry average for sales is $43,000 a year, according to the Dealers Association), and technicians or painters can earn between $70,000 and $100,000 a year at a busy location.
Are Aircraft Mechanics happy?
As it turns out, aircraft mechanics rate their career happiness 3.0 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 29% of careers.
Are aircraft mechanics in demand?
Job Outlook Overall employment of aircraft and avionics equipment mechanics and technicians is projected to grow 5 percent from 2019 to 2029, faster than the average for all occupations. Job opportunities are expected to be good because there will be a need to replace those workers leaving the occupation.
What aviation job pays the most?
The highest paid aviation jobs in 2019
- Air Traffic Controllers – $124,540 a year ($59.87 an hour)
- Airline and Commercial Pilots – $115,670 a year ($55.6 an hour)
- Aerospace engineers – $115,220 a year ($55.39 an hour)
- Aerospace engineering and operations technicians – $67,010 a year ($32.22 an hour)
Is it hard to be a aviation mechanic?
It’s not hard to be an aircraft mechanic if you can pay attention to details, solve problems, and work using your hands! It cannot be overstated that this career is crucial to the industry. Travel as we know it would grind to a halt without the work that aviation mechanics do.
How long does it take to become an aviation mechanic?
You must take and pass five courses. Each course is approximately 3 to 4 months in length, so the entire aircraft mechanic program takes approximately 18 months to complete. This requires you to attend school 5 days per week (Monday through Friday) for 6 hours a day.
Who is the highest paid mechanic?
The highest paid mechanic specialty is the repair of aircraft. On average, aircraft mechanics earned $64,090 per year in 2019, according to the BLS.
Can a mechanic make six figures?
The median wage for an auto mechanic in the US is quite low unless you have credentials, own the shop, or work as a heavy equipment mechanic. The typical year is 2000 hours, so making 6 figures means earning $50 per hour, or about double the 90th percentile of mechanics wages.
What type of mechanic makes the most money?
The Top 10 Highest Paying Careers for Mechanics
- #1 Aircraft Mechanic. Job Description.
- #2 Industrial Machinery Mechanic. Job Description.
- #3 Mobile Heavy Equipment Mechanic. Job Description.
- #4 Heating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Mechanic. Job Description.
- #5 Diesel Mechanic. Job Description.
- #6 Electrical Mechanic.
- #7 Radio Mechanic.
- #8 Automotive Mechanic.