- 1 How do you cite a regulation in APA?
- 2 How do you cite Indian legislation?
- 3 How do you cite ILO conventions in APA?
- 4 How do you cite legislation in APA 7th edition?
- 5 How do you quote a regulation?
- 6 How do you reference legislation?
- 7 How do you cite the code of civil procedure?
- 8 How do you cite a case number?
- 9 How do you cite a section?
- 10 How do you cite UN conventions?
- 11 How do you cite a contract?
- 12 How do you cite a UN treaty?
- 13 How do you reference legislation Harvard style?
- 14 How do you in-text cite a court case in APA?
- 15 How do you cite a website in APA 7th edition?
How do you cite a regulation in APA?
Here are the basic elements of an APA Style reference for a regulation drawn from the Code of Federal Regulations.
- Name of the regulation. Start the reference with the name of the regulation if the regulation is commonly identified by its name.
- Title number.
- Abbreviated name of the source.
- Section number.
How do you cite Indian legislation?
The gazette published by the Government of India or state government, as applicable, must be the primary source of citation. Citation format: <bill name>, <year of Bill>, Bill No. <bill number> of <year of bill>, § <section number> (<date of bill>) (<country abbreviation if not evident from context>).
How do you cite ILO conventions in APA?
Citing Treaties and Other International Agreements
- Title of the agreement. Start the reference with the full title of the treaty.
- Names of the parties. If there are only two parties to the agreement (a bilateral treaty; for example, France and Germany), include the names of both parties.
- Date of signing.
- Treaty source.
How do you cite legislation in APA 7th edition?
The Template for federal or state statutes is as follows:
- Reference List: Name of Act, Title Source § Section Number (Year). URL.
- Parenthetical Citation: (Name of Act, Year)
- Narrative Citation: Name of Act (Year)
How do you quote a regulation?
Principle 1: The core of a citation to a codified federal regulation consists of three elements: Element (a) – The title number followed by a space and “C.F.R.” (for “Code of Federal Regulations “) followed by a space «e.g.» 20 C.F.R. § 404.260.
How do you reference legislation?
Place of publication: Publisher.
- If you are referencing an Act you found online, this should be indicated in the reference. Title of the Act and year. ( chapter number of the Act; abbreviated to ‘c’). [ Online]. Place of publication: Publisher. [ Date accessed]. Available from: URL. Example:
How do you cite the code of civil procedure?
For a California statute, give the name of the code and the section number. For example, ” Code of Civil Procedure, section 1011″ or “Family Code, section 3461.” For a federal statute, cite to the United States Code (abbreviated U.S.C.). For example, “28 U.S.C. section 351.”
How do you cite a case number?
To cite to an unpublished case, list the following elements in this order:
- Name of the case (italicized or underlined);
- Docket number;
- Database identifier;
- The abbreviation for the court that issued the decision (within open parenthesis);
- The full date of decision (within closed parenthesis).
How do you cite a section?
Therefore, the proper citation format is:
- The title number.
- The abbreviation of the code used (here, U.S.C.A. or U.S.C.S.)
- The section symbol (§) followed by a space and the section number containing the statute.
- The name of the publisher (West or LexisNexis)
- The year of the code.
How do you cite UN conventions?
General format: Author (if applicable),Title (if applicable), Resolution or Decision number, UN Body and OR Designation, Session number or year, Supplement number, UN Document number (Date or Year) pinpoint.
How do you cite a contract?
Bluebook Format for Treaty Citations A treaty citation should include the following components: 1) the name of the agreement, 2) the abbreviated names of the parties (only for bilateral treaties), 3) the subdivision cited (if applicable), 4) the date of signing, and 5) the source(s) for the text of the treaty.
How do you cite a UN treaty?
Certified True Copies (CTCs) of Multilateral Treaties Deposited with the Secretary-General should be cited as: “Title of the Agreement, United Nations, New York, as available on https:// treaties. un.org/Pages/CTCs.aspx (date on which the material was accessed)”.
How do you reference legislation Harvard style?
Basic format to reference legislation
- Popular title of Case (in italics).
- Year (in round brackets).
- Volume number.
- Reporter abbreviation.
- First page number. e.g. Reurich v Sureway Employment and Training Pty Ltd (2018) FCA 680.
How do you in-text cite a court case in APA?
To cite a court case or decision, list the name of the case, the volume and abbreviated name of the reporter, the page number, the name of the court, the year, and optionally the URL. The case name is italicized in the in- text citation, but not in the reference list.
How do you cite a website in APA 7th edition?
APA 7th Edition: Citing Websites Author, A. A. (Year, Month Day). Title of online content: Subtitle. Website Name. URL.