- 1 How do I get a FAA Powerplant license?
- 2 Where can I take the A&P exam?
- 3 How long does it take to get your airframe and powerplant license?
- 4 How much does it cost to get your airframe and powerplant?
- 5 Do A&P licenses expire?
- 6 How much does an A&P make?
- 7 Is the A&P exam hard?
- 8 How much does the FAA written exam cost?
- 9 How long is an A&P license good for?
- 10 How long does it take to become an avionics technician?
- 11 How hard is it to be an aviation mechanic?
- 12 What education do you need to be an aircraft mechanic?
- 13 Is aircraft mechanic a good job?
- 14 What jobs can you get with an A&P license?
- 15 How much does it cost to become an aviation technician?
How do I get a FAA Powerplant license?
There are two ways you may obtain the training and experience necessary to become an FAA -certificated Airframe and/or Powerplant Mechanic:
- Academic training through an FAA -certificated Aviation Maintenance Technician School (AMTS)
- On-the-job training (OJT)
Where can I take the A&P exam?
A&P Written Test Locations in Central California
- San Joaquin Valley College (Fresno – Aviation Campus) 4985 East Andersen Avenue.
- California Aeronautical University. 1450 Boughton Drive.
- High Desert Testing. 18368 Readiness Street.
- Hummingbird Aviation LLC. 700 Tioga Drive.
- Reedley College. 995 North Reed Avenue.
How long does it take to get your airframe and powerplant license?
Depending on which route you go, earning your license will take between 18 and 30 months.
How much does it cost to get your airframe and powerplant?
The most common method used to acquire an A&P license is paying tuition to an A&P school, technical school, or community college. Most programs are two-year programs, and most cost anywhere from $20,000 to $50,000.
Do A&P licenses expire?
Regarding the FAR’s your A&P doesn’t “ expire ” but you would be considered “not current” for using your license.
How much does an A&P make?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for A&P aircraft mechanics and service technicians was $62,920 or $30.32 per hour as of May 2018. However, compensation varies depending on factors such as location, demand, required experience, specific skills, education, and other factors.
Is the A&P exam hard?
It is not that difficult, but difficulty is relative. It takes 1900 hours in classroom and shop, then you have to pass 3 written tests. It takes 1900 hours in classroom and shop, then you have to pass 3 written tests. After that you take oral test, then practice test to demonstrate actual skills.
How much does the FAA written exam cost?
Cost. The written test fees range from $140 to $165, depending on the location. Most testing centers charge $150, though. The testing center produces an Airman Knowledge Test Report (AKTR) after each knowledge test.
How long is an A&P license good for?
 Another perk: working on airplanes. Name something cooler! We’ll wait. Your A&P license will never expire, and is required to work on, maintain, and repair aircraft!
How long does it take to become an avionics technician?
Most Avionics Technicians complete a two-year vocational program and a two-year Associate’s degree before seeking work in this field.
How hard is it to be an aviation mechanic?
Airline mechanic school is not that hard. If you are a bad student, have trouble learning, you will have the same trouble as you have always had in school. None of the classroom work or tests were seriously difficult. It is not a subject that requires a lot of advanced math or deep scientific understanding.
What education do you need to be an aircraft mechanic?
To work as an aircraft mechanic, you typically need to: have a high school diploma or equivalent; complete formal FAA-certified training; have work experience; and.
Is aircraft mechanic a good job?
Because A&P Mechanics are in such high demand and have such an important role in the aviation industry, they actually make really good money. According to salary.com, the average salary of an A&P Mechanic working on jets is $87,000 a year.
What jobs can you get with an A&P license?
Airframe & Powerplant ( A&P ) License Average by Job
- Aircraft and Powerplant ( A&P ) Mechanic.
- Maintenance Director.
- Aircraft Mechanic / Service Technician.
- Aircraft Maintenance Manager.
- Aircraft Maintenance Technician.
- Program Manager, Aviation / Aerospace.
- Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor.
How much does it cost to become an aviation technician?
FAQ » Aircraft Mechanics » How much does it cost to go to aircraft mechanic school? The tuition for Epic Flight Academy’s aircraft mechanic program is $25,000 ($5,000 per class). This is an affordable tuition considering the salary potential for aircraft mechanics.