- 1 What is the Aviation Selection Test Battery?
- 2 What is a good score on the ASTB?
- 3 Where do you take the ASTB?
- 4 How do I study for ASTB?
- 5 Is ASTB harder than Asvab?
- 6 How many times can I take the ASTB?
- 7 Is 70 a good Asvab score?
- 8 How long should I study for the ASTB?
- 9 What kind of math is on the ASTB?
- 10 How do I prepare for the oar exam?
- 11 What should I bring to the oar?
- 12 Do you get a formula sheet on the ASTB?
- 13 How many questions are on the ASTB?
- 14 How is the ASTB structured?
- 15 What is on the ASTB test?
What is the Aviation Selection Test Battery?
The Aviation Selection Test Battery (ASTB-E) is an exam used by the United States Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Navy for the selection of candidates for flight officer and pilot training programs. If you are seeking admittance to officer programs that fall within this purview, then the ASTB-E is the exam for you.
What is a good score on the ASTB?
For the first three scores – the AQR, PFAR, and FOFAR the average score is a 5 or between 40 and 60%; meaning if you score a 5 you did better than 40 to 60% of all the other candidates taking the ASTB. The average for the Officer Aptitude Rating (OAR) would be again from 40 to 60 as it is scored between 20 and 80.
Where do you take the ASTB?
Locations that commonly administer the ASTB -E include: Naval Officer Recruiting Stations. NROTC units at many major universities. Marine Corps Officer Selection Offices (OSO’s)
How do I study for ASTB?
How Can I prepare for the ASTB?
- Study hard for the ASTB exam with our ASTB practice test in the days before the exam but take it easy the night before and do something relaxing rather than studying and cramming.
- Pack your bag or lay out your essentials the night before.
- Map out your route to the test center the night before.
Is ASTB harder than Asvab?
It is a bit harder than the ASVAB but there aren’t as many sections.
How many times can I take the ASTB?
How many times can I take the ASTB? Ultimately you get three kicks at the can. In your lifetime you can only write the ASTB a total of 3 times.
Is 70 a good Asvab score?
With standard scores, the majority score is between 30 and 70. That means that a standard score of 50 is an average score and that a score of 60 is an above- average score.
How long should I study for the ASTB?
That was the study schedule for about a month. If you get a book and look through it for 5-6 hours over two days, get plenty of rest, and can do basic math, you’ll be fine. Hell, you should be good with just the last two.
What kind of math is on the ASTB?
1. Math Skills Test: The math skills assessed by the ASTB subtests include arithmetic and algebra, with some geometry. The assessments include both equations and word problems. Some items require solving for variables, others are time and distance problems, and some require the estimation of simple probabilities.
How do I prepare for the oar exam?
What’s the Best Way to Prepare for the OAR Test? In order to do well on the OAR, you need to strengthen the core cognitive skills that each of the subtests measures: math, reading comprehension, and mechanical comprehension. Doing that effectively takes practice.
What should I bring to the oar?
Participants in the OAR subtest should be sure to bring with them some form of photo identification, such as a driver’s license, passport or military identification card, as well as verification of their social security number.
Do you get a formula sheet on the ASTB?
You can hover your mouse over the side of the screen at any time during the math section and it will give you some formulas.
How many questions are on the ASTB?
The ASTB section has 27 questions and with 25 minutes in order to answer them all. That leaves you with roughly a minute for each question. Each question is multiple-choice with 4 choices. Each question asks you to select the best answer that is inferred from the paragraph given.
How is the ASTB structured?
The ASTB is a computer based exam that is made up of 7 sections or subtests meant to measure the abilities of an individual in a common aviation environment. Its structure is comprised of all multiple choice questions. The 5 sections at the beginning of the ASTB are all computer adaptive.
What is on the ASTB test?
The math skills assessed by the ASTB subtests include arithmetic and algebra, with some geometry. The assessments include both equations and word problems. Some items require solving for variables, others are time and distance problems, and some require the estimation of simple probabilities.