- 1 Who can visit Naval Aviation Museum?
- 2 Why is the Naval Aviation Museum closed to public?
- 3 Can you visit NAS Pensacola?
- 4 Can civilians get on NAS Pensacola?
- 5 Can anyone go to the Naval Aviation Museum?
- 6 What days do the Blue Angels practice?
- 7 Can you visit the Blue Angels?
- 8 What is the name of the Navy base in Pensacola Florida?
- 9 Where can I watch the Blue Angels practice in Pensacola?
- 10 What is there to do in NAS Pensacola?
- 11 How many bases are in Pensacola?
- 12 Where should I live in NAS Pensacola?
- 13 How many steps does the Pensacola Lighthouse have?
National Naval Aviation Museum. The National Naval Aviation Museum is open to those who can access NAS Pensacola and visit. Please see below for important information about the requirements for base access. For your safety and that of your fellow visitors during the COVID-19 pandemic, please practive social distancing.
Base access limited to DoD cardholders. Since the 2019 terrorist attack at NAS Pensacola, access to the base has been limited to holders of Department of Defense ID cards and their guests. For seven months in 2020, the museum also was closed because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Can you visit NAS Pensacola?
Today NAS Pensacola counts more than 1 million visitors annually, and for good reason – you ‘ll find several points of interest are located on base, and many of them are free or available to visit at a modest admission charge.
Can civilians get on NAS Pensacola?
The Pensacola Lighthouse and Maritime Museum sits on Naval Air Station Pensacola, which is an active military base. All civilian visitors must enter through the Public Gate, located just south of the intersection of Blue Angel Parkway and Gulf Beach Highway.
Who can visit? The National Naval Aviation Museum is located on board NAS Pensacola. Access to the air station and therefore the museum is limited to all holders of current Department of Defense (DoD) ID.
What days do the Blue Angels practice?
Practice days for the US Navy Blue Angels are held at NAS Pensacola on the following Tuesdays and Wednesdays. The practice times are usually around 11:30 am and lasts about 45-55 minutes. After some of the Wednesday practices, members of the Blue Angels meet fans for a meet and greet and autographs.
Can you visit the Blue Angels?
Watching the show is free. Signs are posted to direct visitors to viewing and parking locations, including limited parking for handicapped visitors. Open bleacher seating is available for seating 1,000 people. A limited quantity of chairs are available for a fee of $3 per chair, good for that day’s practice session.
|Naval Air Station Pensacola|
|NAS Pensacola Location in Florida Show map of Florida Show map of the United States Show all|
|Coordinates||30°21′09″N 087°19′04″WCoordinates: 30°21′09″N 087°19′04″W|
|Type||Naval Air Station|
Where can I watch the Blue Angels practice in Pensacola?
If you don’t have an ID or an escort with and ID you can watch the Practice Shows from just off the base at the Walmart or Target Parking Lots on Blue Angel Parkway, Navy Point Park or Fort Pickens. If you have a boat, Big Lagoon at Pensacola Pass is a good place to park.
What is there to do in NAS Pensacola?
NAS Pensacola Gyms
- Radford Fitness Center. 450 Radford Blvd. Bldg 4143.
- Portside Fitness Center & Gym. Saufley St, Bldg 606. Naval Air Station Pensacola, FL 32508.
- Wenzel Fitness Center. Chief’s Way. Naval Air Station Pensacola, FL 32511.
- Navy Wellness Center. 3715 Chief’s Way. Naval Air Station Pensacola, FL 32511.
How many bases are in Pensacola?
Pensacola is home to several Navy military bases. Within 70 miles of Pensacola NAS, there are 4 other bases, including NAS Whiting Field in Milton, Hurlburt Field Air Force Base in Mary Esther/Fort Walton, and Eglin Air Force Base in Shalimar.
Where should I live in NAS Pensacola?
While many military family members call base housing their home, others choose to live in nearby communities. The neighboring communities of Brent, Ferry Pass, Milton, Pace, Pensacola, and Warrington provide housing, employment, and other services for NAS Pensacola military families.
How many steps does the Pensacola Lighthouse have?
Climb the 177 steps up to the historic Pensacola Lighthouse and Museum for one of the most beautiful views of the Gulf Coast. Built in 1859, the lighthouse is located on board NAS Pensacola.