- 1 What does an aviation support equipment technician do in the Navy?
- 2 What is an AS2 in the Navy?
- 3 What is ad rate in the Navy?
- 4 How many navy ratings are there?
- 5 What does an AT do in the Navy?
- 6 How much does a Navy airplane mechanic make?
- 7 Is Navy a rank?
- 8 What is the best Navy job?
- 9 How long is a school for Navy aviation?
- 10 Where do Navy ADs get stationed?
- 11 What is the highest paid job in the Navy?
- 12 How much does a first year Navy make?
- 13 What is the largest rate in the Navy?
Navy Enlisted Rating (Job) Descriptions Aviation Support Equipment Technicians operate, maintain, repair and test automotive electrical systems in ground equipment, gasoline and diesel systems, and associated automotive, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
AS2 stands for Aviation Support Equipment Technician Second Class ( Naval Rating)
Navy Enlisted Rating Job Descriptions Aviation Machinist Mates are aircraft engine mechanics. They inspect, adjust, test, repair, and overhaul aircraft engines and propellers. ADs also perform routine maintenance, prepare aircraft for flight, and assist in handling aircraft on the ground.
Navy Jobs List: A List Of All 93 Ratings In The Navy (2021) In the Navy, they call their enlisted jobs ratings. These ratings are categorized into groups they call communities. For instance, ratings dealing with aircraft are categorized in the Aviation Community.
AT – Aviation Electronics Intermediate Level Technician They will maintain, repair, troubleshoot, and inspect a vast array of mission navigation, radar, and communications avionics equipment.
The typical US Navy Aircraft Mechanic salary is $48,743. Aircraft Mechanic salaries at US Navy can range from $19,976 – $78,222. This estimate is based upon 64 US Navy Aircraft Mechanic salary report(s) provided by employees or estimated based upon statistical methods.
Navy Officer Ranks
- Ensign (ENS, O1)
- Lieutenant, Junior Grade (LTJG, O2)
- Lieutenant (LT, O3)
- Lieutenant Commander (LCDR, O4)
- Commander (CDR, O5)
- Captain (CAPT, O6)
- Rear Admiral Lower Half (RDML,O7)
- Rear Admiral Upper Half (RADM, O8)
Top 12 Navy jobs
- Mass communications specialist.
- Construction mechanic.
- Electronics technician.
- Air traffic controller.
- Financial analyst. National average salary: $80,198 per year.
- Pilot. National average salary: $85,527 per year.
- Intelligence specialist. National average salary: $96,739 per year.
Aviation Machinist’s Mate “A” school is approximately 6 weeks long. The core school, which all ADs attend in Pensacola, Florida, is four weeks in duration. Once the core school is completed, an additional two week school will be attended depending on which strand (Helo, Turbojet, or Turboprop) assigned.
During a 20-year period in the Navy, ADs spend about 50 percent of their time assigned to fleet units and 50 percent to shore stations. varies considerably. They may work in hangars or hangar decks, outside on flight decks or flight lines at air stations.
Aviation Boatswain’s Mate. The Aviation Boatswain’s Mate has an E-9 Navy rating, making it the highest salary in Navy.
How much does a E6 – Navy – Petty Officer, First Class at US Navy make? The typical US Navy E6 – Navy – Petty Officer, First Class salary is $51,262. E6 – Navy – Petty Officer, First Class salaries at US Navy can range from $3,381 – $100,004. 7
1. Today, members of the Navy Hospital Corps form the largest rate in the Navy (“ rate ” in this instance is the term the Navy uses to describe a service member’s job or specialization). As of 2015, there were more than 25,480 active duty and Reserve Navy Hospital Corps personnel.