- 1 How much money does an aviation maintenance technician make?
- 2 Is aviation maintenance technician a good career?
- 3 What does an aviation technician do?
- 4 How long does it take to become a aviation maintenance technician?
- 5 What aviation job pays the most?
- 6 Where do Aircraft Mechanics make the most money?
- 7 Are Aircraft Mechanics happy?
- 8 How much do Aircraft Mechanics make 2019?
- 9 Is it hard to get a job as an aircraft mechanic?
- 10 What is the starting salary for an aviation mechanic?
- 11 Do aviation mechanics make good money?
- 12 What degree do you need to be an avionics technician?
- 13 How much does it cost to become an aviation mechanic?
How much money does an aviation maintenance technician make?
How much does a Aviation Maintenance Technician make? The national average salary for a Aviation Maintenance Technician is $56,652 in United States.
Is aviation maintenance technician a good career?
A career as an aviation technician is good for those interested in mechanics. It has a relatively low barrier to entry, as you only need an associate degree and to pass an FAA-approved training program. The majority of positions are available with airlines or aircraft repair companies.
What does an aviation technician do?
To keep an airplane in operating condition, aircraft and avionics equipment mechanics and technicians perform scheduled maintenance, make repairs, and complete inspections. They must follow detailed regulations set by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) that dictate maintenance schedules for different operations.
How long does it take to become a aviation maintenance technician?
You must take and pass five courses. Each course is approximately 3 to 4 months in length, so the entire aircraft mechanic program takes approximately 18 months to complete. This requires you to attend school 5 days per week (Monday through Friday) for 6 hours a day. Each course requires 450 hours of class time.
What aviation job pays the most?
The highest paid aviation jobs in 2019
- Air Traffic Controllers – $124,540 a year ($59.87 an hour)
- Airline and Commercial Pilots – $115,670 a year ($55.6 an hour)
- Aerospace engineers – $115,220 a year ($55.39 an hour)
- Aerospace engineering and operations technicians – $67,010 a year ($32.22 an hour)
Where do Aircraft Mechanics make the most money?
Top 10 Highest Paying Cities for Aircraft Mechanic Jobs
|City||Annual Salary||Monthly Pay|
|San Jose, CA||$63,065||$5,255|
Are Aircraft Mechanics happy?
As it turns out, aircraft mechanics rate their career happiness 3.0 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 29% of careers.
How much do Aircraft Mechanics make 2019?
In 2018, the Bureau of Labor reported a median annual wage for aircraft mechanics of $64,140. This jumped to $73,050 in 2019.
Is it hard to get a job as an aircraft mechanic?
It’s possible to get a job as an unlicensed mechanic and then take the A&P license exam once you have enough experience to qualify. However, it’s much more difficult to get a job this way and I think it’s a better option to go to AMT school and get the necessary qualifications and experience before finding a job.
What is the starting salary for an aviation mechanic?
Southern Alberta Institute of Technology
|Wages *||Low (5th percentile)||Average|
Do aviation mechanics make good money?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the median annual wage for aircraft and avionics equipment mechanics and technicians was close to $67,000 in 2020. Even the lowest 10% in the field were paid nearly $40,000, and the highest paid topped six figures.
What degree do you need to be an avionics technician?
In addition to an associate’s degree, aspiring avionics technicians should attend a Part 147 program at an Aviation Maintenance Technician School approved by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
How much does it cost to become an aviation mechanic?
The most common method used to acquire an A&P license is paying tuition to an A&P school, technical school, or community college. Most programs are two-year programs, and most cost anywhere from $20,000 to $50,000.