- 1 How do I become an aviation technician?
- 2 What type of education do you need for aircraft mechanic?
- 3 How long does it take to become an aircraft technician?
- 4 How much does an aviation technician make?
- 5 Is aviation technician a good career?
- 6 Are aircraft mechanics in demand?
- 7 Do aircraft mechanics make good money?
- 8 What skills do you need to be an aircraft mechanic?
- 9 What colleges offer aircraft mechanics?
- 10 Is airplane mechanic hard?
- 11 How do I become an aircraft mechanic apprentice?
- 12 What aviation job pays the most?
- 13 What is the starting salary for an aviation mechanic?
- 14 Where do Aircraft Mechanics make the most money?
How do I become an aviation technician?
Requirements to Become a Certified A&P Mechanic
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Read, write, and speak English.
- Attend an FAA-approved AMT school OR have 30 months of experience with airframe and Power Plant maintenance.
- Pass a written, oral, and practical exam.
What type of education do you need for aircraft mechanic?
A college degree isn’t required for this occupation, although most aircraft mechanics obtain at least 18 months of training from an FAA-approved aviation maintenance technician school. Associate and bachelor’s degree programs are available in disciplines related to aviation technology and management.
How long does it take to become an aircraft technician?
You must take and pass five courses. Each course is approximately 3 to 4 months in length, so the entire aircraft mechanic program takes approximately 18 months to complete. This requires you to attend school 5 days per week (Monday through Friday) for 6 hours a day. Each course requires 450 hours of class time.
How much does an aviation technician make?
Most importantly, the annual salary for aircraft mechanics ranges from $35,000 to $110,000. Also, hourly rates range from $20 to $50 per hour. As a result, the average annual median salary for aircraft mechanics is $73,050.
Is aviation technician a good career?
A career as an aviation technician is good for those interested in mechanics. It has a relatively low barrier to entry, as you only need an associate degree and to pass an FAA-approved training program. The majority of positions are available with airlines or aircraft repair companies.
Are aircraft mechanics in demand?
Job Outlook Overall employment of aircraft and avionics equipment mechanics and technicians is projected to grow 5 percent from 2019 to 2029, faster than the average for all occupations. Job opportunities are expected to be good because there will be a need to replace those workers leaving the occupation.
Do aircraft mechanics make good money?
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that aircraft mechanics earned an average annual income of $67,110 in May 2019. Workers in the occupation made $32.27 an hour on average. The highest paid airline mechanics made more than $101,070 and the bottom earners made less than $37,890.
What skills do you need to be an aircraft mechanic?
Applicants should be very detail-oriented and have good troubleshooting skills. It is also important that they have good coordination of the hands and fingers in order to assemble and manipulate aircraft parts. Other skills that aircraft mechanics possess include agility, strength and observational proficiency.
What colleges offer aircraft mechanics?
|1||National Aviation Academy of Tampa Bay||315|
|2||Spartan College of Aeronautics & Technology||291|
|3||Aviation Institute of Maintenance-Atlanta||254|
|4||Edmonds Community College||212|
Is airplane mechanic hard?
Airline mechanic school is not that hard. If you are a bad student, have trouble learning, you will have the same trouble as you have always had in school. None of the classroom work or tests were seriously difficult. It is not a subject that requires a lot of advanced math or deep scientific understanding.
How do I become an aircraft mechanic apprentice?
Obtaining an FAA license entails graduating from an FAA -approved technical program and gaining 18-30 months of job experience as an apprentice. After your apprenticeship, you must pass written and practical tests to earn your mechanics license.
What aviation job pays the most?
The highest paid aviation jobs in 2019
- Air Traffic Controllers – $124,540 a year ($59.87 an hour)
- Airline and Commercial Pilots – $115,670 a year ($55.6 an hour)
- Aerospace engineers – $115,220 a year ($55.39 an hour)
- Aerospace engineering and operations technicians – $67,010 a year ($32.22 an hour)
What is the starting salary for an aviation mechanic?
Southern Alberta Institute of Technology
|Wages *||Low (5th percentile)||Average|
Where do Aircraft Mechanics make the most money?
Top 10 Highest Paying Cities for Aircraft Mechanic Jobs
|City||Annual Salary||Monthly Pay|
|San Jose, CA||$63,065||$5,255|