- 1 Do aviation mechanics make good money?
- 2 What is the starting salary for an aviation mechanic?
- 3 What companies pay Aircraft Mechanics the most?
- 4 Is aviation mechanic a good career?
- 5 Can a mechanic make 100k?
- 6 Are Aircraft Mechanics happy?
- 7 How much do Aircraft Mechanics make 2019?
- 8 Is an A&P license worth it?
- 9 How much do Delta Airline mechanics make?
- 10 How much do FedEx mechanics make?
- 11 Are aircraft mechanics in demand?
- 12 How much do UPS airplane mechanics make?
- 13 What aviation job pays the most?
- 14 Is it hard to be a aviation mechanic?
- 15 Is Aircraft Mechanic School Hard?
Do aviation mechanics make good money?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the median annual wage for aircraft and avionics equipment mechanics and technicians was close to $67,000 in 2020. Even the lowest 10% in the field were paid nearly $40,000, and the highest paid topped six figures.
What is the starting salary for an aviation mechanic?
Southern Alberta Institute of Technology
|Wages *||Low (5th percentile)||Average|
What companies pay Aircraft Mechanics the most?
Top companies for Aircraft Mechanics in United States
- American Airlines. 4.0. $41.43. per hour. 4245 reviews5 salaries reported.
- Department of Homeland Security. 3.8. $35.39. per hour.
- Zenetex LLC. 4.1. $35.17. per hour.
- U.S. Department of the Navy. 4.3. $33.61. per hour.
- Affordable Engineering Services. 3.7. $33.21. per hour.
Is aviation mechanic a good career?
Because A&P Mechanics are in such high demand and have such an important role in the aviation industry, they actually make really good money. Once you’re well established in your industry and get the job of your dreams, you’ll be making really good money and will have a lot of benefits.
Can a mechanic make 100k?
Sales jobs can bring in six figures depending on commission (the industry average for sales is $43,000 a year, according to the Dealers Association), and technicians or painters can earn between $70,000 and $100,000 a year at a busy location.
Are Aircraft Mechanics happy?
As it turns out, aircraft mechanics rate their career happiness 3.0 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 29% of careers.
How much do Aircraft Mechanics make 2019?
In 2018, the Bureau of Labor reported a median annual wage for aircraft mechanics of $64,140. This jumped to $73,050 in 2019.
Is an A&P license worth it?
It’s certainly worth it. It’s a lot of hard work, but it’s very rewarding if you enjoy working with your hands. An A&P license can also take you a lot of places aside from aviation. Working GA is a good way to meet a lot of people in your area.
How much do Delta Airline mechanics make?
Delta Air Lines Inc Jobs by Hourly Rate
|Customer Service Agent||Range:$13 – $27||Average:$19|
|Customer Service Representative (CSR)||Range:$11 – $24||Average:$16|
|Aircraft Maintenance Technician||Range:$29 – $59||Average:$41|
|Aircraft Mechanic / Service Technician||Range:$18 – $45||Average:$28|
How much do FedEx mechanics make?
Average FedEx Diesel Mechanic yearly pay in the United States is approximately $63,710, which is 20% above the national average. Salary information comes from 31 data points collected directly from employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed in the past 36 months.
Are aircraft mechanics in demand?
Job Outlook Overall employment of aircraft and avionics equipment mechanics and technicians is projected to grow 5 percent from 2019 to 2029, faster than the average for all occupations. Job opportunities are expected to be good because there will be a need to replace those workers leaving the occupation.
How much do UPS airplane mechanics make?
The typical UPS Aircraft Mechanic salary is $86,218. Aircraft Mechanic salaries at UPS can range from $54,318 – $147,741.
What aviation job pays the most?
The highest paid aviation jobs in 2019
- Air Traffic Controllers – $124,540 a year ($59.87 an hour)
- Airline and Commercial Pilots – $115,670 a year ($55.6 an hour)
- Aerospace engineers – $115,220 a year ($55.39 an hour)
- Aerospace engineering and operations technicians – $67,010 a year ($32.22 an hour)
Is it hard to be a aviation mechanic?
It’s not hard to be an aircraft mechanic if you can pay attention to details, solve problems, and work using your hands! It cannot be overstated that this career is crucial to the industry. Travel as we know it would grind to a halt without the work that aviation mechanics do.
Is Aircraft Mechanic School Hard?
Airline mechanic school is not that hard. If you are a bad student, have trouble learning, you will have the same trouble as you have always had in school. None of the classroom work or tests were seriously difficult. It is not a subject that requires a lot of advanced math or deep scientific understanding.